Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Catching up


That's exactly what I'm doing. I got hit with an icky sick late last week that is still hanging on, mostly just enough to be annoying at this point. We also tried to transition Ree over to regular milk which did not go well. Poor baby had some nasty stomach issues from it, so for now we've put her back onto formula. None of my other kids ever had a problem with milk, so I'm really at a loss where to go from here. Anyone have any suggestions?

The picture above is something I've been wanting to tell you about. My breakfast? Well, in a roundabout way yes! At a show I did this fall, there was another vendor selling all locally made fruit spreads, ketchup, etc. I was so excited, even more so once I actually tried the samples! The company is called Local Folks Foods, based in Columbus, IN. None of their items have any preservatives or high fructose corn syrup, and all are made using items that are either locally grown or sourced from small independent farmers. The blueberry spread you see above is called "Purple Haze" and is SO yummy. The ingredient label-4 items-cane sugar, blueberries, lemon juice, pectin. I love being able to pronounce everything in my food, and knowing the mission statement behind this small company makes it even better. Seriously, go check them out, they do ship items, you won't be sorry!


I've also been working on Ree's first birthday outfit. I can't believe my last baby is going to be a year old TOMORROW! As you can see above, the last couple of days have involved tracing, tracing, tracing and then sewing up this cute little number. Both patterns are from Fishsticks Designs-the top is the Emmy, the pants are from the Little Ones Layette pattern.


I love Bonnie's patterns, they're so quick to sew up and really easy even for beginners to do. I think once I actually got sewing, the entire outfit took less than an hour. The top is a favorite knit jersey, the pants are a super soft fuchsia cotton velour. Also, one note on these pants-not only are they made perfectly to accommodate diaper booties, but with no seams at the front or back, they are perfect for embellishing with embroidery or applique.

Now, it's time for me to go and try to conquer some more of these piles in the house. Things are VERY slowly coming together as I'm still on my mission to declutter. I'm hoping to get my sidebar fixed up today so ya'll can track with me my challenges for the year. How are you doing with your personal goals for the year? Are you making progress or have you tossed them to the side?

No comments: