Monday, April 13, 2009

Fabric Stashing..or why I need the Stash game!




I'm a member of an online cloth diaper sewing forum, called Diaper Sewing Divas, which is an awesome resource for anyone considering cloth diapers or anyone who just wants a really friendly community of "crunchy" mamas. Every few months, they will have what is called a Stash game. The premise is relatively simple...you sew from your stash, and earn points for items sewn but you lose points for buying fabric during the game.
Generally, business sewing doesn't count, only sewing done for you or your children, etc. but that works for me because it really ups my motivation level in all aspects of my sewing room! I tend to work really hard, and quite a bit more focused during the games-I know I'll never win, I don't get enough time to sew to do that, but it's just FUN!

These pictures? These are only 3 of 15 pics I took of my entire cotton wovens stash for a customer. This doesn't include knits, PUL, corduroy, muslin, flannel or my 60" wide cotton wovens. See why I need the stash game?

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I like it! Now I don't feel so bad about my stash... I think we have about the same ;).